Patch for mmap problem in KConfigBackEnd, Bug #72586

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Fri Jan 16 11:11:52 GMT 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 10:42:20AM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> On Thursday 15 January 2004 23:15, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > Darwin, Solaris and BSD developers: Does this patch compile for you?
> In any case: do not commit before 3.2.0 is done. This is not a show stopper
> and surely has great potential to break things.

i disagree. it's a quite serious bug, even though the "target audience"
is relatively small (hey, isn't everybody talking about the corporate
desktop? this sounds like a problem typical for large networked
installations).
and about the potential to break things ... it does not affect the case
where everything goes well. and "the other" case simply can't get worse

greetings