Showstopper bug in KDVI

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Fri Jan 9 13:23:19 GMT 2004

Quoting Stefan Kebekus <kebekus at kde.org>:

> Hello,
>
> some time ago, some a patch effectively diabled PostScript Type 1 and
> TrueType
> font support in KDVI. That makes KDVI useless for people using Asian
> languages who often don't have access to (commercial) MetaFont fonts for
> their languages.
>
> The patches were implemented by wheeler (comment "Ugh, yuck.  Make it
> build.")
> and removed the lines
>
>  #include "../config.h"
>  #ifdef HAVE_FREETYPE
>
> from a number of KDVI source files. As a result, KDVI is compiled without
> freetype support.
>
> May I re-add these lines to re-enable font support before sunday?

Yes, that was a goof.  Actually I readded #ifdef HAVE_FREETYPE a little lower,
but forgot to readd the #include "../config.h".  I think I probably rushed
things since I was annoyed at having had to fix compilation in KDVI several
times...

I'm attaching the output from attempting to revert the revision from 1.11 to
1.12 for TeXFont_PFB.cpp.

-Scott