Moving pop, imap and smtp koslaves from kdebase to kdepim

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Tue Jan 6 02:14:48 GMT 2004

On Sunday 04 January 2004 13:48, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 04 January 2004 16:41, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Am Sonntag 04 Januar 2004 16:32 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> > > And of course the slaves will always be backwards compatible. We just
> > > want to have the option to improve the slaves for KDE PIM 3.3 in case
> > > that should be necessary.
> >
> > Ah - misunderstanding from my side. I thought you were talking about
> > 3.2.
>
> He is / we are.
> kdepim-3.3 will come before kdelibs-3.3 (see kde-pim mailing-list), so this
> is indeed about moving them before kde-3.2.
>
> Why too late? because of translations? packaging?

Maybe because we working on package sets about three months now considering
that some major things will won't change ?
Besides we have a lot of small packages in our distro will be a pain in the
ass change the automatic buildsystem again after i have about 20 releases
built with him..
But is ok if is a common sense do this now. Thank's God we are a good
democracy here :-)

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Developer