KListViewSearchLine

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Sun Feb 22 11:00:15 GMT 2004

On Saturday 21 February 2004 17:34, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 19 February 2004 02:14, Don Sanders wrote:

> > > /me winces
> >
> > I'm ok with allowing some experimentation here. At least I'm not
> > convinced that KMSearchRuleWidget is the best option yet, and are
> > willing to consider alternatives.
>
> The KListViewSearchLine will only allow searching for substrings in the
> Subject or the Sender/Recipient name. Already something simple like
> view all important messages or all new messages is impossible. Of
> course, the KListViewSearchLine is better than nothing, but it's far
> from what people know from other mail clients.

Yeah, honestly I don't care much which implementation KMail uses -- if it's
based around a single line edit then a subclass could just be used and
itemMatches() could just be reimplemented.

If the KMail folks can figure out more or less what you'd like to see I can
try to come up with an implementation for it.  But as I said I don't think
that something as cumbersome as the standard search line widget would be
best...

Anyway -- KMail stuff aside -- I'd like to commit this and have a few places
that I think it would fit.  If I don't hear a negative at some point I'll
probably just commit (with a couple more clean ups...).

-Scott

--
Three words: you have no clue
-Slashdot