Does KMimeMagic really work with config/magic/*.magic files ?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Feb 20 23:18:58 GMT 2004

On Saturday 21 February 2004 00:07, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> As I said, our mime type is copied from KOffice old one (we also use
> gzipped xml), so to try it I added that line right after the ones describing
> the old KOffice format in mimelnk/magic, like this :
>
> # KOffice documents (gzipped, with an idenfication string in the 'orig
> filename' header)
> >10	string		KOffice
> >>18	string		application/x-kchart\004\006	application/x-kchart
> >>18	string		application/x-kformula\004\006	application/x-kformula
>
> >10	string		audio/x-rosegarden\000      audio/x-rosegarden

Yes, that's still a set of continuations from the line somewhere above (not pasted)
that defines the gzip header.

> Looks like that's what's happening :-(. The gzip line matches first.
Yes, since your stuff isn't at the right place anymore when it's in a separate file.

> And gzipped-derived ones too... Would it be acceptable that I commit RG types
> (we have 2) in the main KDE mimelnk/magic file, then ?
Yes, there's no other solution for now.
In KDE 4 we'll switch to the xdg mimetype spec, which does all this much better.