the "terminal sessions" kicker button behaviour...

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Feb 17 20:21:12 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 21:03, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> On February 17, 2004 12:48, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> but the konsole sessions button isn't in konqueror or kmail, or even on a
> toolbar. it's on the panel, and every other panel button behaves this way,
> including the Preferences menu button.
>
> as you noted, it was determined to be inconsistent and not to follow the UI
> guidelines. for menus and panel buttons, that is.

Hmm, ok, now I actually tried some of the other special buttons.

Anyway, I'd expect it to open a terminal if I click this button.
The K-menu button and the quickbrowser button (does actually anybody really
use it ?) have another primary purpose, they present a choice. The terminal
sessions button is a konsole button additionally offering a way to select
among the various session types.
Or put it in another way: for this button it would be clear what should happen
if it is clicked (without chosing something else), for the K-menu it is not
clear.
The same goes for the "Preferences" button, it should IMO open the control
center when clicking it.

So, all in all, for me the current behaviour of the terminal sessions button
sucks. Anybody else who has this feeling ?

Btw. I just tried the "Find" button for the first time, the "Web search" entry
produced an error message "Malformed URL %20" followed by an empty konqy
windows. What is the intended behaviour ?

Bye
Alex