Suggested policy (was: Re: Apollon soon in kde-extragear)

Gerhard den Hollander gerhard at fugro-jason.com
Fri Feb 13 15:11:48 GMT 2004

* Olaf Jan Schmidt <ojschmidt at kde.org> (Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 03:43:54PM +0100)

> [Harri Porten, Fr 13.02. 2004 15:15:15]
> > The simplest morality I would assume is the one put into the first part
> > of this suggested policy: "KDE does not host software which promotes
> > illegal usecases in the user interface or in the documentation." I'm
> > just saying that hiding this promotion behind some faked use cases is
> > ridiculous.
>
> Feel free to suggest a better wording.

Well, for one thing I would get rid of the word usecases.
How about:

"KDE does not host software which primary purpose is illegal"
or
"KDE does not host software which (actively) promotes illegal activities"

In the first case appollon is in, in the second case it's out unless the
screenshots on the webpage get updated.

Of course, then you are still stuck trying to figure out what definition of
illegal you will need.
Illegal in the coutry where KDE.org is hosted ?
Illegal in the eyes of the UN ?

If you feel this reply is appropriate, please forward to kde-core &c , I am
not allowed to post there from this email adress (as I am subscribved using
a different onw which I cannot use at the moment).

Thanks
	Gerhard,  <faliquid at xs4all.nl>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O	Razors pain you; Rivers are damp;
 =`\<, 	Acids stain you And drugs give you cramp.