[patch] kioslave performance issues, dramatic improvement for ftp

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau Friedrich.W.H at Kossebau.de
Wed Feb 11 19:21:21 GMT 2004

Am Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2004 18:20 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> On Wednesday 11 February 2004 17:59, Friedrich W. H.  Kossebau wrote:
>
> > is sadly no volunteerring to do this, am working to get KHexEdit2 a great
> > architecture design)
>
> <rant importance="ignore if you want to">
> khexedit works great for me, does everything it should, and this already
> for a long time now. Why redesign/rewrite ? This will just lead to a
> crashing application which worked very stable before...
> </rant>

Don't be fixed to what you see today ;)

KHexEdit2 will deliver (once it is done)
* support for very large files
* plugin support for interpreters (not only values like today, but unicode
text, images, whatever one might need
* mvc architecture for multiple views of the same document
* plugin support for export
* support for different encodings (like variants of EBCDIC)
* diff features (well this still might take some more time)
* KParts (one is already in use, dig for KBytesEdit),
  so can be plugged into Konqueror, KDevelop and perhaps Kate
* experiments on the toolets concept

If you would like to get all this you would have to rewrite KHexedit anyway. I
had a look but found it to be better to start from scratch.

> Don't take it personally :-)

Oh, I do. Your punishment will be to have to implement the ftp-to-ftp copy (I
found no judge around so I ruled that myself, I hope it's okay)  ;)

Friedrich