[kde-announce] Announcing KDE 3.2

Don Sanders sanders at kde.org
Tue Feb 10 02:21:19 GMT 2004

On Saturday 07 February 2004 23:44, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Saturday 07 February 2004 11:43, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > >
> > > Please make it optional per product. I maintain the bug list
> > > for my
> >
> > You can ASSIGN all wishlists that you plan to work on and leave
> > the others to be voted on. I plan to expire UNCONFIRMED and NEW
> > ones that didn't see a comment in two years - because many wishes
> > are NEW if they are imported from the DBTS.
>
> My understanding of the ASSIGN state is that I plan to work on this
> _now_ and intend to have it ready by the next release. That's also
> what I would expect if someone marks a bug/wish reported by me as
> ASSIGNED.

My use of the ASSIGN state is to show that I've done some work and/or
are working on an improvement. Even if that means all I've done is
evaluate how much work is involved in implementing the improvement.

So it's a way of saying I've done some work on this you might be able
to avoid some duplication of effort if you contact me before working
on this improvement. But my feeling is that others are perfectly free
to work on the same improvements as me, I don't want to use the
ASSIGN state to prevent or hinder others in making improvements.

Don.