Moving kdcop

Christian Loose christian.loose at hamburg.de
Mon Feb 2 22:33:43 GMT 2004

Am Montag, 2. Februar 2004 23:21 schrieb Frans Englich:
> On Monday 02 February 2004 23:00, Russell Miller wrote:
> >
> > And no, you don't only need it if you develop a KDE app.  It's more a
> > "power user" tool than a "developer" tool.  Developers would be using the
> > command line :)
>
> I don't get it, kdeutils is not for power users. It is for those who need a
> calculator or format their floppy. kdeutils is mandatory - everyone must
> have it. And that's why everyone will end up with kdcop anyway if it's in
> kdeutils.
> I don't get it, if this power user (know what kded is and) need to run its
> dcop call, why can't he then install kdesdk?

Because the power user then also gets Cervisia, Umbrello, etc which he never
needs? And we probably get a bug report asking why Cervisia has such a
prominent place in Konqueror's toolbar and context menu. ;-)

> I want kdcop in kdesdk to reduce KDE forking.

Do you know any distribution that bothers to remove kdcop from the kdebase
package?

Bye
Christian