Science category in the menu

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Mon Feb 2 22:02:51 GMT 2004

On Monday 02 February 2004 04:20, Frans Englich wrote:

> AFAICT, the KDE menu does not have support for the Science category, if
> it's not also an edu app. Gramps and kst(?) is two recent examples which

The spec[1] strongly recommends to include Education too when you use Science.
So we don't have to add it, did you say why should we?

> Attached patches fix this, (kde-science.directory goes in kdebase/applnk/)

Patch is wrong, it doesn't exclude entries with "Education" from "Science".

Bye,
   Steve

[1]
http://freedesktop.org/Standards/menu-spec/menu-spec-0.7.html#category-registry