auto-check good API ?

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Wed Aug 25 20:07:12 BST 2004

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 18:55, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 August 2004 20:47, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > > Even if such a tool could not be trusted blindly, it could certainly
> > > help to find places where the KDE API is not so good, and to measure
> > > its progress.
> >
> >  Just similar names don't make or not make good API, and you'd have to do
> > so much manual post-processing that you could do it as well directly
> > without any tool.
>
> I fully agree with Lubos.
>
> I think it would be good to have the content of the slides as a guideline
> on developer.kde.org, maybe titled 'Guide for KDE library APIs'. What do
> you think?
>
> (I volunteer to format the slides a bit and commit them, if people agree)
>
> Simon

No no no. It's not evil enough.

1. Get Matthias drunk. I think he's lurking so you have to be quick!
2. Make him sign some paper(it's ok to help him along the way) stating he will
write a HOWTOish paper as present to the KDE community

(assuming a more elaborated thingy would be more informative than the slides)

Seriously, perhaps he's interested, and he's the best for the job too -- I
suggest you ask him.

			Frans