PATCH: KProtocolInfo's use of KProtocolManager::slaveProtocol

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Tue Aug 3 04:13:17 BST 2004

On Monday 19 July 2004 06:17, you wrote:
> That makes sense, but does it really make a difference in practice?
> Because the scheduler will call slaveProtocol() anyway.
>
> Maybe instead of a boolean we should use a list of protocols that can proxy
> this protocol. An empty list means no proxy support and we can then skip
> the proxy test in slaveProtocol completely. Only if the list contains 2 or
> more entries, or one entry that points to another protocol we need to check
> which protocol to use.
>
> I guess that would mean that http,https,webdav,webdavs and ftp should all
> list http and https as possible proxy protocols. Something like:
> 	ProxiedBy=http,https

The attached patch partially implements your idea. I changed the boolean
property to a QString which can be converted into a list later on as needed.
It also used 'ProxiedBy' since it is more descriptive. However, for now I
still only check for the presence of this entry in findProtocol. I think this
should allow us to do whatever we want down the road.

Also I want to undeprecated three of the functions marked deprecated. On top
of being convenient, there are scenarios where one has only the protocol at
hand and not an entire URL to use with these functions. Anyways, this part of
the patch can be removed  from the rest if you there are any concerns.

Any comments, opinions ?

--
Regards,
Dawit A.