Small coding style request

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Oct 27 23:38:22 GMT 2003

As many of you know, I've been porting CVS-HEAD to AIX and xlC.  Compilation
is the first step, and it is taking much more than just the fixes in 3.1
branch.  One common issue is forward declarations.  xlC does not like this:

class Namespace::Class;

I would like to request that when you do such forwards (as namespaces are
becoming more common in KDE), please consider this format:

namespace Namespace {
class Class;
}

(No trailing semicolon, for Dirk. :-))

I don't think it's too much of an inconvenience, and for portability reasons
it seems to be much better.  I'm changing all such occurances in HEAD so
don't worry about reading through what's there already.

Thank you

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/