KDE 3.2 release cycle

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon May 12 09:52:38 BST 2003

On Monday 12 May 2003 09:29, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Sunday 11 May 2003 20:45, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>
> > To my counting, there are ~2300 _confirmed_ bugs known to KDE. If you can
>
> From which are 470 due to khtml/kjs (no problem there to confirm much more
> with some work, and expect that growing) and 390 are for products not part of
> KDE release cycle atm (KOffice, KDevelop, CDRs, Boson, KBear, ...). Your bug
No, I can handle query.cgi just fine :)
BTW: if you leave out confirmed wishlist items, you end up with 1242. Which is
a number you can connect to 1000 much easier, no?

> count based release schedule ("release when only 1000 confirmed bugs left")
> is totally unrealistic. And btw, nothing prevented three KDE 3.1.x releases
It's a goal, not a schedule. And you put the quotes around your interpretation not
my words.

> with the current amount of open critical and grave bugs. You have to release.
>
> Either switch to a time-based or feature-based release-schedule now.
Any reason why? I still think that KDE is in a state where features don't bring
us further, but all these little bugs and misfeatures are those that are missing to
perfection. So while a time based schedule makes sense as soon as you fixed
a good share of bugs, I don't want to see a KDE 3.2 that is released just because
some months passed.

Greetings, Stephan