Replace KcmFontinst with kio_fonts

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Tue Mar 11 19:03:25 GMT 2003

On March 11, 2003 03:08 pm, Neil Stevens wrote:
> Oh, so just forget about what KDE users are familiar with, then?
>
> Whatever.  Go copy Windows.  I recommend you start by licensing kio_font to
> prohibit modification and redistribution.  That's what the Windows users
> you care so much about are used to.

It is more copying MacOS, since they invented it, but anyway.

I really don't see KDE users having any trouble adjusting to just dragging a font into
a window, instead of going through a complex installation process. Making people
who are used to a simple process adjust to a complex process though, is more
difficult.

--
Jason Keirstead, BCS
http://www.keirstead.org