Replace KcmFontinst with kio_fonts

Craig Drummond Craig.Drummond at gmx.net
Tue Mar 11 18:05:52 GMT 2003

> Please don't do this.  KIO is a nice flexible backend tool, but it's a
> lousy user interface.  Konqueror is nice for viewing files, but it's not a
>
> generic system administration tool.  Please don't force users to treat it
> as one.

But surely this makes the job of installing fonts easier, and more
intuitive? It's the way most other OS's do it - and even GNOME will be uing fonts:/ to
install fonts (although I agree this doesn't necessarily make it a good
idea). Fonts are just files, and all a user wants to do is copy these somewhere
where they can then be used. Having to start KControl just top copy some files
seems a bit backward.  I fail to see how asking users to use a file manager
to manage files is treeting konqueror as a sys admin tool. After all, you can
ftp and browse the web with konqueror - surely it should be able to manage
font files?

> - --
> Neil Stevens - neil at qualityassistant.com

Craig.