KDE 3.2 release plan=?iso-8859-1?q?notice

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Wed Jun 18 13:24:35 BST 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 05:09:33AM -0700, Neil Stevens wrote:
> I'd say that betas *and* RCs should be dropped in favor of a string of
> "pre"s.

no, you can't "optimize away" betas. they are publically released and
consequently have a relatively long cycle, while "my" "pre"s are internal
"releases" that resemble the former half-hearted RCs.
you are right that RCs could be left out at all, as the criteria for the
pre->RCs transition are the same as for the RC->release transition, so
it basically only delays the release by one week, but a) this delay is
probably _good_ and b) while packagers _should_ make packages of pres,
they _must_ do packages of RCs to get ready in time.

greetings