KIO::SlaveBase patch for yourconsideration

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sun Jul 13 07:12:38 BST 2003

Sender: kde-core-devel-bounces-+kde-kde-core-devel=m.gmane.org at mail.kde.org

On Sunday 13 July 2003 01:54, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 01:06:24AM -0400, Dawit A. wrote:
> > storeAuthInfo is obsolete and should have been removed.  IIRC changing
> > the privilege level of member variables is NOT BC.
>
> It's not just storeAuthInfo, it's:
>
>     bool storeAuthInfo( const QCString&, const QCString&, const AuthInfo&
> ); UDSEntryList pendingListEntries;
>     uint listEntryCurrentSize;
>     long listEntry_sec, listEntry_usec;
>     Connection *appconn;
>     QString mPoolSocket;
>     QString mAppSocket;
>     bool mConnectedToApp;
>     static long s_seqNr;
>     virtual void virtual_hook( int id, void* data );
>
> that become protected instead of private.  FWIW I haven't run into any
> problems so far (and I haven't recompiled anything recently).

There is no need to repeat yourself.  I perfectly understood your original
post.  I removed the storeAuthInfo stuff because I added it long ago and it
is now an obsolete private function that can be safely removed.  Thanks for
reminding me about it.

Having said that I neither see the need nor did you sufficiently clarify the
reason you want to make the member variables protected so I did not to touch
them.  Feel free to change that on your own if you want to take
responsibility for it. :)

Regards,
Dawit A.