uiserver changes

Alexander Neundorf alexander.neundorf at gmx.net
Wed Jan 29 18:57:50 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 09:31, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 of January 2003 19:00, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > maybe you have noticed that the uiserver has a system tray icon (i.e. a
> > plain-sheet-icon, a real icon is missing) and a configuration dialog.
> >
> > By enabling "keep always open" the uiserver window stays always open and
> > doesn't take away focus. Together with the other options it is possible
> > to make the window small enough so that it can stay always on the screen
> > (approx. xmms size here).
> >
> > Now I have some issues:
> >
> > -When I enable "keep uiserver window alwas open" KDE doesn't log out
> > anymore, I have to quit using ctrl+alt+backspace.
> > What could be the reason ?
>
>  Works fine for me. And since ksmserver has a timeout, it's hard to believe
> it wouldn't work for you. Moreover the window seems to disappear very
> quickly, so I'd say it doesn't need any timeout.

The tip from Carsten helped.

> > -An icon for the system tray is needed
> >
> > -How can I make the window sticky from within the program ?
> >
> > -What do you think of the changes ? Suggestions ?
>
>  Well, I guess you're not going to like this, but how about simply removing
> all this extra stuff in favour of KGet?

Actually I only added some bool's and a config dialog to the uiserver, for me
personally it's now good enough. I wouldn't mind removing/exchanging the
uiserver.
I didn't try kget until now, but isn't this a full blown app and the
uiserver-window only a window which displays some stuff ?

Bye
Alex