CVS support in KDE

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Fri Jan 17 19:35:59 GMT 2003

On Freitag, 17. Januar 2003 15:36, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> On Freitag, 17. Januar 2003 15:22, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > > Please -- we've had enough boring discussions of where to put shared
> > > code already. If many applications are going to use it, it's going to
> > > be kdelibs. If there may be different implementations, we have
> > > kdelibs/interfaces.
> >
> > Damn right they were boring and tedious, but I must have missed the
> > conclusion that says that shared code goes into libs.
> >
> > Your statement implies that the move of KMail to kdepim is not needed,
> > because we can factor out the _build-time_ shared code into kdelibs.
> >
> > Also, the IOSlaves discussion ended up with Coolo saying [paraphrase]
> > "IOSlaves in kdelibs? No way." So this _run-time_ shared code must be
> > somewhere else.
>
> Make a new CVS module "kioslaves" and move all of them there ?
No, Adriaan misquoted me. I said No way to moving kioslaves out of kdebase.
kdelibs contains build time dependencies, kdebase contains run time
dependencies. Both are needed for a KDE application. E.g. code in kdelibs
only reads what kcontrol writes and the help menu starts khelpcenter.

Greetings, Stephan