New module for KPovModeler

Klas Kalass klas.kalass at gmx.de
Thu Jan 9 10:12:53 GMT 2003

Am Donnerstag, 9. Januar 2003 11:03 schrieb David Faure:
> On Thursday 09 January 2003 10:52, Klas Kalass wrote:
> > AFAIR it was also about the small user group that kpovmodeller has. I
> > think that the question is how specialized an application in a KDE module
> > should be. kdegraphics is released as one package, but I am pretty sure
> > that only a very small percentage of people who want kdegraphics also
> > want kpovmodeler. The other apps are relevant for "normal" desktop use
> > (fax, scan, file viewing,....), but kpovmodeler is only relevant for
> > people wanting to make 3D models.
>
> You're confusing CVS modules and binary packages.
> Developers/translators/artists/... see the former, users see the latter.
>
> It's currently) up to the distributors to split the source tarballs
> (cvs modules) into binary packages.
hmmm - KDE does release the package "kdegraphics-3.1.0.tar.bz2" containing all
applications from the modules, doesn't it?

--
"...encourage the use of commercial products that work well with FOSS. A good
example of the latter is the Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX product,

Taken from: http://www.disa.mil/pao/dodfoss.html