Binary incompat Fridays?

Clarence Dang dang at kde.org
Thu Feb 6 05:40:42 GMT 2003

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 05:49 am, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> Hi...
>
> I'm cleaning up the KPopupMenu context menu support API a bit based on
> developer feedback and some further examination. Basically it's renaming a
> method or two and taking const'ness into consideration. These changes are
> not BC.
>
> Are we doing "BC Fridays" again for 3.2 where we commit BC issues only on
> Friday (or whatever day)?
>
> I know that BC commits should be relatively rare given that we aren't
> breaking APIs that were released in previous versions, but I'd still like
> to minimize the pain of reworking new APIs for others.

Could you or someone else please be kind enough to commit the attached patch
for me at the same time (I'm on unreliable dialup and in a totally different
timezone to most other developers...)?  It changes
KFileDialog::updateLocationWhatsThis() from protected to private since there
is no good reason why a derived class should be able to call it.  Yes, this
method was introduced after 3.1 and I was the idiot who gave it the wrong
permission thing.

Thanks,
Clarence