RFC on default settings

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Fri Dec 19 10:37:30 GMT 2003

On Friday 19 December 2003 00:30, Aaron Seigo wrote:

> so, with 3.2 approaching, here's a bit of a list for default setting
> changes i'd like to make.. the format of the list is (sorry, no fancy XML

I agree to all your suggestions, and have three additional changes in mind:

 - Change default menu item format to "Description (Name)". The GenericName
   descriptions are almost complete, and missing ones can be added fast.

 - Default "Network Information Window"'s system tray icon setting to off.

 - KDE still defaults to non-anti-aliasable fonts and anti-alias is not
   default? It needs a KPersonalizer run to set anti-aliased fonts. :-(

Also I can't sign the "KDE cannot change default style with every release"
and would like more space between menu items and visible toolbar spacers.

Bye,
   Steve