Integrative work

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) amadorm at usm.edu.ec
Wed Dec 17 23:16:08 GMT 2003

wrote:
> > Yes.  Perhaps a library trap, though, might be better.
>
>     preliminary, I think (that means, i haven't think it too deeply)
> that this way not only it could be possible make those apps use the
> dialogs, but also technologies like kio, which I think is one of the
> most impressive things of kde (don't start flames on what I'm missing
> :), 'only' in the penalty of some cpu cycles (time). or am I just
> dreaming/talking nonsense?

This is not only feasible, technically speaking, it has been done with
success, but not sure if it was done with KIO.

The thing is it involves the LD_PRELOAD thing, and i'm not sure it's
portable across other UNIXes than Linux, and it requires that the
variable be set, which could already have been set by the
app.unsubscribe <<
--
	Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
	GPG key ID: keyserver.net C1033CAD