Problem with kontact and "void KApplication::invokeMailer"

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Wed Dec 3 18:34:21 GMT 2003

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 07:13:10PM +0100, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 07:05:33PM +0100, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
Hi,

> > You should have send the patch to kde-core-devel. After all the patch
> > affects kdelibs/kdecore.
> >
> > I doubt that this hack is the correct solution.
>
> How about having a little stub process instead, that talks to
> kmail/contact vi DCOP if it's running and otherwise replaces itself
> with a new kmail/contact process? (and using that as mailer command)
And this process would be started from startkde?

Can't we just add a method
  DCOPRef getInterface( const QString& interface );
to the dcop server, so the dcop server will probe every registered app
if such an interface exists and returns one to the asking app?

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Can a government that shoots at reporters be democratic?
Separate politics from religion and economy!