KDE Application About Dialog

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Wed Dec 3 06:53:20 GMT 2003

Am Mittwoch, 03. Dezember 2003 04:43 schrieb Benjamin Meyer:

> Some things to note:
> - -Large application icon shows up on the main page
> - -E-mail is next to the name rather then below reducing the
> vertical size

With the developer photo at the left there is actually more
vertical space required than before and having the mail address
directly to the right makes it visually part of the name (esp.
if there is no punctuation in between). This is bad for
readability and somehow takes away fokus from the main thing
("who is this?"). IOW: I would leave the mail address where it
is now.

Also the translators' section is missing and the worst looking
thing of the present about dialog is not resolved: the GPL text
not fitting into the default window, causing lots of strange
looking line breaks.

Sorry, but I'm not sure whether this would be a big improvement
for the present state.

Regards,

Thomas

--