KShell::envExpand

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Sun Aug 31 17:40:07 BST 2003

On Sunday 31 August 2003 09:41, Dawit A. wrote:

> Any objections to me adding the attached utility function to expand
> environment variables to KShell ?

can you explain more what it is supposed to do?

- why does it only check for an embedded shell variable at the first position
in the string?

- why does it try to find a termination at '/' ? shell variables terminate at
a lot of characters, like for example simple spaces ' '.

- the documentation is quite unclear IMHO.

Given the extremely limited amount of use of this function right now I would
vote against inclusion in kdelibs.

--
Dirk