Kaboodle

Christian Loose christian.loose at hamburg.de
Fri Aug 29 10:48:51 BST 2003

Am Freitag, 29. August 2003 11:13 schrieb Rob Kaper:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 10:16:39PM +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > > I volunteer to maintain kaboodle and Hayes in CVS.
> >
> > Yippie! Someone willing to take over my favourite playlist!!!
>
> Hopefully Carsten and Neil can still work together, though. I'd hate having
> to send wishes and bugs to two different places. Is inclusion of Hayes into
> KDE so important that a fork is necessary?
>
> Rob

I agree with Rob. It doesn't really make sense to fork Hayes. Neil already
said on kde-cvs yesterday that he will further develop Hayes outside of KDE.
So it shouldn't be a problem for anyone of us to get it from there. And if
the playlist is good enough, I'm sure that most distributions will ship it
(like some already do
http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/pkgs/media-plugins/hayes.xml).

Christian