KAutoConfigDialog

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Apr 16 09:18:10 BST 2003

On Tuesday 15 April 2003 22:17, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> I have attached the classes for others to look at.  They arn't all that
> much. They arn't suppost to replace all of the functionality of
> KDialogBase, but just enough so the average application can bring up it
> settings dialog.  I have this class in use in more then two applications
> and it is usefull in most applications.  Are there any major objections to
> moving it into kdeui?

I don't think it is very scalable since it insists on doing the layout stuff
itself. When the number of options in your dialog increase there comes a time
that you want to actually order them, that will not happen if it means that
you have to redesign much of the code in order to move from KAutoConfigDialog
to some .ui file driven approach.

The right approach IMHO is to use .ui files from the begin. That way the UI
can be designed driven by UI concerns and not driven by limitations of the
implementation.

Cheers,
Waldo