klanguagebutton/combo

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Sat Sep 21 18:56:02 BST 2002

On Saturday 21 September 2002 18:22, Klas Kalass wrote:
> An interface element that allows selection of installed languages is used
> by kcontrol/kdm, kcontrol/locale and kpersonalizer. Apparently Each of
> those have their own implementation.

Hmm, I found my original patch that is the basis of these files
(http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=99532262106552&w=2), but I can't
find the replies from Hans Petter anymore in my local archives, and IIRC he
replied in private, so the online archives can't be used either. :(

> For selection of possible countries there are widgets in at least
> kcontrol/locale, kpersonalizer and kdeedu/keduca. Needless to say that
> those are not shared...

They should be identical files though, so rather easy to move to kdelibs. I'm
not sure what the reasoning was against putting it in kdelibs. I didn't,
that's for sure, but why?

> I also saw that there are files called klangcombo.{cpp,h} and
> klanguagebutton.{cpp,h} in khelpcenter which possibly do the same as one of
> those quoted above (I could not find them in the GUI though....).

They used to be somewhere in the side bar, but even in my KDE 2.2 version of
khelpcenter I can't find the location anymore. Or rather, I can't even find
the old sidebar. Strange.

> Shall I add it to the feature list?

I guess it's sane enough to move this into kdelibs for KDE 3.2. For 3.1 sounds
a bit too late now, I don't think it's that urgent. Please add it to the
list.

--
Martijn