KAction + Qt 3.1 beta problems?

Harri Porten porten at trolltech.com
Sun Sep 15 13:05:01 BST 2002

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002, Hamish Rodda wrote:

> After upgrading to the latest qt-copy, I have been having problems in Kate (&
> gideon) with typed shortcuts often being applied to incorrect (inactive)
> documents.  For example, with 5 documents open, pressing paste 10 times might
> end up with the active document only receiving one paste, and the other
> pastes being distributed amongst the other documents.  Christoph Cullmann
> suggested this might be a KAction problem...?

Sounds very much like there is an accelerator clashing problem. Versions
prior to Qt 3.1 would trigger the first (or last?) action connected and
silently ignore others bound to the same key. Now, conflicts are detected.
See the 3.1b1 changes file. Might be that KAction (or Kate) have to be
cleaned up.

Harri.