Preannounce: Kroupware Project started

Marc Mutz Marc.Mutz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Sep 12 11:37:29 BST 2002

On Thursday 12 September 2002 03:37, Don Sanders wrote:
<snip>
> That is I suggest support for roaming profiles. Ideally cache on a
> local file system.
<snip>

Out of scope for Kroupware (remember the tight schedule - _one_ month
left!).

If you want to work on that, I think the best way to achieve what you
suggest is to write a KConfig backend that operates against an
ACAP/LDAP server, complete w/ local caching.

That could be a big selling point in the enterprise: An office package
that uses a centralized configuration database. Coolness.

Marc

--
They [RIAA,MPAA] are trying to invent a new crime:
interference with a business model.