Preannounce: Kroupware Project started

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at kde.org
Tue Sep 10 20:42:00 BST 2002

> Erfrakon, Intevation and Klarהlvdalens Datakonsult AB have won a bid
> to write a Free software groupware server and client for the German
> "Bundesamt f�r Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik" (Federal Agency
> for IT Security, BSI). It aims to work in a heterogenous environment
> and provide email, contacts, appointments and tasks lists.  Server
> components will be OpenLDAP, Cyrus IMAP, Postfix, and more.  The KDE
> client side will be implemented by using and extending KMail,
> KOrganizer and other KDE components.

First - congratulations..

It might be a good time to ask - will there be only KDE client? I know that
lots of people want to replace MS Exchange server with something alternative,
prefferable - open source, so will there be some way to make MS Outlook work
with your project, same as with MS Exchange?

Thanks,
Hetz