Clipboard problems (yes, again)

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Thu Oct 31 10:25:34 GMT 2002

David Faure wrote:
> > Paste to Konsole from clipboard is Shit+Insert, from selection
> > Ctrl+Shift+Insert. Why it is this way? Syncing was the only way
> > for my coworkers using KDE to get back old behavior "select
> > something with mouse and paste it with Shift+Insert" they were
> > using for years. Or I just don't know other way to do it? Is
> > there any other way?
>
> If they select with the mouse, why don't they paste with the mouse
> (MMB)? This feels much more consistent than "select with mouse,
> paste with Shift+Insert".

I think you know how hard it is to change habits :). These guys work
mostly with keyboard. Copying with mouse is one of the very few
things they do with mouse. If you select something from xterm and
want to paste it to texteditor you have to move mouse exactly to this
line to where you want to paste. When you don't do it, cursor is
moved to another line and selection is pasted there - wrong place. It
is much faster to move just focus to window where to want paste and
press Shift+Insert.

KDE is not the only enviroment they work with and Shift+Insert works
in all of them - simple window managers, CDE etc.

--
Hasso Tepper
KDE Estonian Team