kdelibs/kdeui

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at olympusproject.org
Thu Oct 24 19:49:57 BST 2002

On Thursday 24 October 2002 12:31, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Don, 24 Okt 2002, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > turning scrolling off in the location bar in konqi) tonight, would the
> > Release Dude allow it to go in?
>
> ... I would really like to have this in QComboBox. After all, this is a
> QComboBox feature we're disabling here.

hrm.. ok.. leave it up to the trolls then?

On Thursday 24 October 2002 12:25, Troels Tolstrup wrote:
> On Torsdag 24 oktober 2002 19:42, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > i like David's idea. he is right IMO that there isn't a
> > one-size-fits-all solution here.
>
> I hate it. Technologically it might be the best solution, but to me it
> seems both confusing and inconsistent seen from a user POV. I think
> they should all act the same, or not act at all. How would you ever
> expect people to figure out how things are working if simple widgets
> dont even act consistently?

in this specific case there is no one-size-fits-all solution ... it is
extremeley useful in some places and extremeley annoying in others. picking a
single solution will negatively impact some major part of the desktop.

AFAIK this is a rather unique situation for a rather exotic means of
interacting with a rather complex widget (button/menu/lineedit).

--
Aaron J. Seigo

    - Albert Einstein