Start new session...

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sat Oct 12 18:49:42 BST 2002

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 11:57:16AM +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > yes. i'm a bad ass, as i commited a half-finished feature (long ago)
> > and additionally did not add another feature to make it
> > bullet-proof, yet.  i'm sure the users that like the feature even
> > as-is are wishing me to hell.
>
> Your a bad ass for not listening to core developers who disagree with
> your opinions and have very good arguments to back them up.

hmm. who in this discussion do you consider _core_ developers?
let's assume a core developer's voice weights twice as much. i'd like to
know the "score".

> In light of this opposition the only sane thing for you to do is
> pospone this feature for 3.2 (or better said; untill its done)

certainly it would be, if not that the feature as a whole exists since
3.0. it's your problem that you don't buy my argument that i'm fixing a
major usability issue in it.

> Adding more features in a feature freeze only makes it worse.

makes _what_ worse?

> (do you even know why we have one?)

- to let the code stabilize. i don't see any problem with my addition.
  the code is simple and is peripherial enough to be provable of having
  no side effects.
- to give the doc and i18n teams time to do their work. yes, there is a
  problem. i won't reiterate once more why i still decided to do it.

greetings