DCOP ' Couldn't attach to DCOP server'

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Wed Oct 9 21:48:53 BST 2002

On Wednesday 09 October 2002 22:16, Per Winkvist wrote:
> Perhaps it could be implemented differently? Shouldn't dcop at least try to
> use the current session the user have before giving error ? Or maby,
> atleast, changing the error message ?

I could try to make it look for an active session automatically if there is
only one and $DISPLAY or $DCOPSERVER/$ICEAUTHORITY aren't set, but that's a
lot of 'smart' behaviour. I'm not sure if I like that.

After all the user can have multiple sessions in which case the dcop call
breaks. With the command-line parameters you can force DCOP to iterate over
all sessions with --all-sessions however, making sure all desktops are
addressed.

See dcop --help for a list btw, the help is reasonably extensive (I hope ;-)
--
Martijn