use of malloc.h in KDE

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Fri Nov 22 11:17:53 GMT 2002

On Friday 22 November 2002 11:39, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> Would it make sense to do the replace now, and those implementations
> that still need <malloc.h> could include it conditionally?
>
> Does anyone see any danger in this?

I found 50 occurences of <malloc.h> with a quick scan. (I think I miss a few
modules though)

A lot of those are in yacc generated files where they occur like:

#if 0 /* No need for malloc.h, which pollutes the namespace;
         instead, just don't use alloca.  */
#include <malloc.h>
#endif

So those aren't to cause any problems. Do you happen to have a list of the
ones that are actually giving problems?

Cheers,
Waldo