Release Criteria

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Fri Nov 15 13:53:16 GMT 2002

Am Freitag, 15. November 2002 13:52 schrieb Roberto Teixeira:

> On Friday 15 November 2002 05:57, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > I think in this case this translations should be released
> > for the 20 app, and for the non/partly translated apps there should be no
> > translation file released.
>
> Nice, I agree with you as this could be easily automated. Only files with a
> certain percentage of translated messages would be included. /me making a
> script.

Not sure if I agree with this approach. If you look eg on the libs files, most
of the desktop stuff, ppdtranslations.po and others it can make perfect sense
to use files that have only something like 60% translated strings if they are
checked on usability by the teams. OTOH, a kdelibs file which is 95%
translated but omitts stuff from the standard menus will create a horrible
user experience.

I'd still prefer to leave it in the responsibility of the team coordinators
what they want to release and what they don't want to.

Regards,

Thomas

--
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org