Release Criteria

Andras Mantia amantia at virtualartisans.com
Fri Nov 15 07:57:25 GMT 2002

On 2002. November 15., Friday 07:28, George Staikos wrote:
> > Also, there should be a minimum percentage of messages translated to some
> > language for it to be released with KDE. Mixing untranslated strings with
> > translated ones looks quite unprofessional. I think this is already done
> > by Thomas Diel but this should be in the checklist nonetheless.
>
>    Yes that seems reasonable to me.

I agree that half done translations should not be included in the releases,
but what about the case when 20 apps are fully translated, but 2 are not, or
only partly. I think in this case this translations should be released for
the 20 app, and for the non/partly translated apps there should be no
translation file released. This will be a good compromise, as you won't see
non-translated strings in an app mixed with translated ones, and it's also
acceptable to see an app displaying its text only in English, as many 3rd
party and non-KDE apps do. And of course speakers of the language in cause
will miss only 2 apps and not the whole KDE.

Andras