Fwd: Patch for KJanusWidget problem

Ravikiran Rajagopal ravi at ee.eng.ohio-state.edu
Sun Nov 10 16:19:04 GMT 2002

On Saturday 09 November 2002 13:19, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 01:11:42PM +0100, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 01:12:12PM +0100, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > > Could someone who knows KJanusWidget look at this patch?
> > >
> > > To me it looks fine, although it might be better to simply fix the
> > > problem at the Qt level.
> >
> > Definitely. I think the problem is that QWidgetStack relies on being
> > sent a child event when the child dies. While that event is received
> > the isWidgetType() condition fails because the event is sent from
> > the QObject destructor. I'll write a bugreport.
>
> Nevermind, it works with current qt-copy (I just saw that
> isWidgetType() is no more a virtual method) . Don't think there's
> anything to fix then.

Unfortunately, with qt-copy/HEAD from 12 hours ago, the example still crashes
for me without application of the patch (with the same backtrace). However,
Noatun and kopete don't crash anymore. Could this be something specific to my
setup? I am using gcc-3.2 on RH8 with self-compiled qt-copy/HEAD. Running
"ldd" on my application shows that it is linked to the correct libraries.

Also, without the use of KJanusWidget, I don't have the problem if I manually
create a QWidgetStack and delete objects therein. AFAICS, there is nothing
special being done in the implementation of KJanusWidget, and I am at a loss
to figure out where the problem is. Your help is greatly appreciated. As a
temporary workaround for my application, I am using a local copy of
KJanusWidget (renamed as FJanusWidget) with the patch applied for which the
code works.

Ravi