Showstopper: kmail hangs while copying mail between imap folders

Matthias Welwarsky matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Sat Nov 9 08:13:15 GMT 2002

On Friday 08 November 2002 20:09, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > starts to close (purging old messages, compress folders and close).
>
> Is it possible that the fact that the message list isn't updated
> correctly after moving messages is simply due to redrawing problems? I
> ask because currently we have serious redrawing problems with the list
> views in KMail.

No, the mails are actually not being copied. Clicking on "Cancel" does not
restore the proper behaviour, nothing is "hanging", KMail is responding
properly to GUI events, you can still view mails in local folders, but you
cannot use IMAP again until you close (and in my case, kill kmail). You
cannot even view mail on a different IMAP server.

regards,
	matze

--
Matthias Welwarsky
Fachschaft Informatik FH Darmstadt
Email: matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de

"all software sucks equally, but some software is more equal"