Kate CVS module

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Thu May 30 22:03:58 BST 2002

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 10:30:17PM +0200, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Hi,
> after now the ktexteditor interface + the kate part default implementation has
> settled in kdelibs and I think about some further enhancements to the kate
> app which will make it even larger, it would perhaps a good idea to move the
> kate app out of kdebase and put it together with all it's plugins into a own
> kate cvs module.
>
> What we win:
>  - kdebase less bloated (Neil will love that)
>  - kate + plugins united in one place for the users
>  - possibilty for the kate devs to make some tarball releases beside the kde
>    release plans

You will need a release coordinator for that as well! Plus you need a lot of
#ifdefs in your code if you don't plan to develop agains the latest _released_
kdelibs.

For something as small as kate (sorry...) I'm not sure its worth it, but if
somebody steps up as a release coordinator and the issues are clear on always
releasing against an 'old' kdelibs you won't hear problems from me.

The kdelibs version will stay I presume.

--
Thomas Zander                                           zander at planescape.com
                                                 We are what we pretend to be