kdelibs/kdeui

anders at alweb.dk anders at alweb.dk
Sat Jun 22 22:31:26 BST 2002

On Saturday 22 June 2002 18:27, Thomas Zander wrote:
> But that is just my problem with regards to the usability.  How is the user
> going to be able to see that configuring a XML markup plugin for Kate (I'm
> just making that up, no idea if there is one :) is only possible when the
> user has opened a file that forced the loading of the plugin.
> In other words; the presense of an option or the config-module should not
> be based on what has been done in the past in the applications life.

Kate is actually loading the plugins requiring configuration when the config
dialog is created. Which is imo a bad solution, as it slows things down even
if not nessecary,

Personally, I am in favour of loading those only if the particular dialog page
is called for, or even using a "configure" button for such plugins.

-anders