PluginSelector Widget and generic Configuration Dialog

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Fri Jun 21 09:20:22 BST 2002

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 10:06:16AM +0200, Matthias Kretz wrote:

> On Friday 21 June 2002 09:16, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > > If anybody needs more features let me know. Currently the code is in
> > > KView but it belongs into kdelibs. Question: kparts or kdeui?
> >
> > I'd say kparts (KParts::PluginSelector) . Just my 0.02 €-cent
> > though.
>
> The reason for kdeui is, that you could also use the widget without using
> KParts at all.

Then maybe the pluginselector should read and write its settings
from/to just a 'Plugins' group, not 'KParts Plugins' :)

Hm, the default constructors (in the sense of: the constructor most
people are going to use, the instance one) defaults to /kpartplugins.

Also, the code that already exists for reading the settings the
pluginselector writes is also in kparts.

Simon