kde 3.1 -- make Keramik default?

Allan Sandfeld Jensen snowwolf at one2one-networks.com
Wed Jun 12 23:22:49 BST 2002

On Wednesday 12 June 2002 14:29, Maksim Orlovich wrote:

> Actually, I am nearly done with a new recoloring algorithm that is more
> accurate and more vivid; but I'd be quite interested in what you came up
> with, too...

I have distilled the patch further so it doesnt use the colorize algorithm.
The colorize algoritm disregarded the original hue anyway.

This gives the result most people expect when applying color-schemes on
kstyles. Their colours are _supposed_ to be definate.

http://sneulv.dk/atlasbefore.png
http://sneulv.dk/atlasafter.png
http://sneulv.dk/win2000before.png
http://sneulv.dk/win2000after.png
http://sneulv.dk/snapshot1.png

(The last is a rare screenshot with the default colorscheme both before and
after.)

This method however is unsatisfactory for the kwin-client as this pixmap is
two-coloured. It seems the recolor function itself is too primitive for what
we want. If we instead supplied it with two colours; the base and gradient
titlebar colour, we could use the base colour for the keramik-bouble and the
gradient for the stribes. What do you think?

greetings
`Allan