contextmenu shortcut broken (was Re: Kuickshow's UI)

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Thu Jul 18 10:47:34 BST 2002

On Thursday 18 July 2002 10:52, Klas Kalass wrote:
> That reminds me of something: Is it just my system, or is the contextmenu
> shortcut broken?
> In the kmail editor, the menu key works, but not my other defined shortcut
> and in all other apps I tried (Konqueror, KDesktop, Kate) it does not work
> at all. This applies to a recent CVS ( few days old) but I have seen this
> before (I don't know when it started) with a fresh install and a fresh
> user.

Well, Qt eats any press on the context menu key and emits a "contextMenuEvent"
which is used by Qt widgets - QLineEdit, QTextEdit mainly. I think something
should be changed in KAttlicaiton - like canceling that event, and emitting a
contextMenuEvent when the KDE shotrcut is activated. The guilty code in Qt is
in qapplication_X11.*

-anders