VFolders isn't a standard yet

Michael Matz matz at kde.org
Tue Jul 9 20:29:10 BST 2002

Hi,

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, David Faure wrote:

> > Hmm, your namespacing seems like subdir-ing with a  s/\//-/g;
>
> Except that Graphics-Gimp doesn't mean it'll appear under the Graphics
> menu.

Equally to when files are placed in subdirs.  You can still have a
different mean to place them into a menu structure, with no relation to
the layout in subdirs.  I immediately had the same idea, as I read the
initial messages in this thread.  It's highly unesthetic to place 300
files in one subdir.  And it's also not needed here.  So admins can place
files into subdirs to their liking (even including symlinks to shared
places for larger installations, instead of 100 symlinks for each file!),
and still have another menustructure.  These are two different things,
menu structure and subdir structure.  Removing the latter because of
implementing the former in a different way would be a step back.

Ciao,
Michael.