Resedit (Was: Proposal for KControl)

aleXXX alexander.neundorf at gmx.net
Mon Jul 1 21:36:05 BST 2002

On Monday 01 July 2002 11:11, Alexander Kellett wrote:
> The current file format for kwinrc is as follows:
>
>    [Windows]
>    AltTabStyle=KDE
>    AnimateMinimize=true
>    AnimateMinimizeSpeed=5
>
> My suggestion is to add a few lines to it:
>
>    #![Windows]
>    #!AltTabStyle=<KDE|CDE>
>    #!AnimateMinimize=<false|true>
>    #!AnimateMinimizeSpeed=Integer
>
> Yes, its a hack and it will take some work to write these comments for
> every rc file.

...and it will slowdown config file parsing and app startup (we read more
than 10 config files for every app that starts).
Ok, the parsing of a line stops after a "#" was found, but nevertheless it
has to run over all the bytes, and such a change would more or less double
the line number of each config file, wouldn't it ?

Bye
Alex